- Having examiners in your team has an impact on the quality of teaching, learning and assessment across your department and improves the progress pupils make in the subject
- You have an expert on the specification in your team
- You have an expert on the mark scheme with experience of its practical application on your team
- Sharing of this expertise through meetings and CPD sessions will disseminate best practice through your department
- It will enable the development of internal moderation processes to be more robust and so data arising from tests/mocks etc. will be more reliable
Having examiners in your team has an impact on the quality of teaching, learning and assessment across your department and improves the progress pupils make in the subject
The Joint Council for Qualifications is seeking views from examiners and the wider sector in preparation for the 2021 exam series, by asking you to complete this survey.
Finding out more about your plans this year will help awarding organisations to plan effectively and give examiners the professional support they need at an otherwise uncertain time.
Prospective examiners should also be aware that, as a result of the 2021 timetable, marking will be pushed into the summer holidays.
This survey shouldn’t take much more than 5 minutes to complete and will help awarding organisations decide which measures are likely to help.
Throughout the survey we use the word examiner to refer to any role that is part of the examining system (marker, moderator, assessor etc.).